.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

USA - A look at the fluoridation of city drinking water

A Wake Up Call for the City of Sandpoint?
Trish Gannon 07/08/2009 17:33:00
A look at the fluoridation of city drinking water
Editor’s Note: I’m a bit of a public health nut, so when Scott Clawson told me he was writing his humor column in our last issue on fluoridating water, I was surprised. Scott, you see, is a very smart man and I thought opponents to fluoridation didn’t deserve that adjective. I believed that the public health use of fluoride was better than sliced bread. Scott’s concerns got me doing some research, which resulted in this article. Just following links from the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization (both of which endorse water fluoridation) led me to studies that raised some serious questions. Upon conclusion of my research, I believe that water fluoridation no longer presents benefits that outweigh the risks, and should no longer be undertaken by our communities. There’s my editorial disclosure—count me in with the kooks. TG

Go to web page to read a very good and long report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home