.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Thursday, January 24, 2008

USA - Letter: There are multiple benefits to fluoridating city water

Letter: There are multiple benefits to fluoridating city water
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Fluoridation of water supplies is considered one of the top 10 public health accomplishments of the 20th century by the Centers for Disease Control. Fluoridation of the public water, using current guidelines, is safe, cost effective, has no reported adverse health effects and is equitable (available to all). It does not require an adult to remember to administer the drops and is beneficial to adult preventive dental care as well.

I am a Ph.D. candidate in public health, an epidemiologist for the Florida Department of Health, and a Florida licensed physician’s assistant. I am a 23-year resident of Stuart. I have carefully reviewed the evidence on both sides of the fluoridation issue. I have concluded now, as I did 20 years ago when my daughter was an infant, that fluoridation of the water supply is safe and will significantly improve the dental health of the community.

It is time for Stuart residents to review the factual evidence and vote “yes” for fluoridation.

I wish I had a Ph.D then I too would be convinced fluoride was wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home