.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Letter - Bottled vs. fluoridated

Bottled vs. fluoridated
Public Forum Letter
I wish to commend The Tribune and Mayor Rocky Anderson for the stand taken against bottled water. It is a worthy act. However, as the saying goes, there are two sides of the story. And I, and thousands like me, perhaps even millions, are on the other side.
A number of years ago I read statements made by responsible doctors and scientists that ingestion of fluorides causes bone cancer, and perhaps even liver and kidney cancer. This is when I decided to drink bottled water. I do brush my teeth twice or three times a day with fluoridated toothpaste, and I believe this is enough fluoride to keep my teeth in good shape.
As soon as Salt Lake City and County approved placing fluorides in water, our water company started pouring fluorides into our water. Isn't fluoride in toothpaste enough? I want my drinking water safe from fluorides and that is why I drink bottled water.
When opponents of bottled water come to the point of refuting doctors and scientists in their statements against use of fluorides in drinking water, and with positive proof, then I shall stop drinking bottled water. I am willing to change when common sense and scientific proof warrant it.

Leonid Polevoy
Salt Lake City

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home