.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Mercola.com Celebrates Its 18-Year Anniversary

By Dr. Mercola
Mercola.com now celebrates its 18th anniversary... We’ve surely come a long way since 1997 when I decided to launch a small website to share the latest developments in natural health with the world beyond the confines of my medical practice!   
Thanks to you, this site has become a leading source of health news and information, with more than 10 million unique visitors coming to our site every month to learn how to take control of their health, which has been my sole motivation all along.
By the time I stopped seeing patients in order to dedicate my limited time to this newsletter, I’d already personally helped tens of thousands of patients address their health problems.
But I knew I could help educate order of magnitudes more on how to get healthy through this newsletter than I ever could treating patients privately. Our site proves this as we now have more than a million page views every day.
It was a decision I’ve never regretted, and I regularly delight in the feedback from readers I see during my travels that report feeling better than they’ve ever felt before as a result of implementing the lifestyle changes I suggest and getting off toxic drugs.

Exposing the Truth, Years Ahead of Time...

We’ve made many changes at Mercola.com since our humble beginnings in 1997. We’ve gone from sending out a newsletter once a week, to now providing two or more in-depth articles every day of the week.
Over the years we’ve helped pave the way in demanding transparency in FDA actions, and we’ve exposed the realities of how many public health programs are intricately tied to Big Pharma.
We’ve also made many aware of the pernicious revolving doors existing between government and big industries and corporations like Monsanto and Merck, and how corruption and conflicts of interest color science and many if not most government health recommendations.
Throughout this 18-year journey, we’ve consistently shared the news well before the mainstream. Examples of topics we’ve been frontrunners of include:
  • Exposing the swine flu pandemic for the hoax that it was. That article ended up being among the top five pages viewed on the entire internet the day we posted it, and it crashed all our servers.
  • Exposing Merck’s drug, Vioxx, for the killer that it was, years before major media started reporting it. I actually issued the first public warning about Vioxx while it was still in clinical trials — a year before it became available by prescription.
  • Warning about the emergence of statin drugs, which I stated were an accident waiting to happen. My first warnings were issued in 2001. Fast-forward to a decade and a half later and the truth of this has become quite evident, and the dangers of statins are now well-documented.
  • Two years ago I began issuing a similar warning for the next-gen cholesterol drugsPCSK9 inhibitors, which just received FDA approval on July 24, 2015. I predict this class of drugs may be even more dangerous than statins ever were.
  • I’ve long warned of the dangers of routine mammograms, and in the past several years, a number of studies have emerged showing that mammograms appear to do more harm than good, and are not, in fact, saving women’s lives.
  • Being one of the first to widely educate people about the criticalimportance of vitamin D and sensible sun exposure for health and disease prevention, and the many benefits of astaxanthin.
Not mentioned here but Dr Mercola campaigns against fluoridation. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home