.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Fluoride and breastfeeding

Hello! I went to the dentist as I have some sensitivity in my front teeth and the dentist prescribed 5000ppm Fluoride toothpaste. She said not to brush with it but instead to put a bit on my teeth at night as I'm breastfeeding. I've heard fluoride is bad for us so I've been using fluoride free toothpaste for ages, even before getting pregnant. I really wouldn't want fluoride to affect my baby or the milk supply. Do you have any advice? (Sorry I don't normally trust doctors).


Saria9 
Posted 7 hours ago
Hey, I'm the same as you. I've been informed about the dangers of fluoride so stopped using toothpaste with fluoride in also. To be honest I wouldn't trust putting that on my teeth, especially while breastfeeding. It is a toxin that's harmful to the brain and studies have shown a direct link between fluoride exposure and reduced IQ levels in children. So personally I wouldn't risk it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home