.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fluoride blamed for many problems

Fluoride blamed for many problems By Louise Schincariol, The Windsor Star April 21, 2012 I have been reading about the fluoride additive in our drinking water and felt strongly compelled to research and give my opinion on this very important matter. I am a senior in my mid-80s and feel fortunate to have reached this age in spite of some health issues. But, do I believe my joint pain has been aggravated by our artificially fluoridated drinking water? Do I blame fluoride exposure for members of my family having thyroid problems? Am I concerned for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren? You bet I am. I cannot recall seeing so many of these conditions when I was younger. Do I believe that everyone should be forced to drink a toxic substance because a few people in charge think it's good for our teeth? Absolutely not. I have learned the 2006 Report of the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences designated kidney patients, diabetics, seniors and infants as "susceptible sub-populations" that are especially vulnerable to harm from ingested fluorides. And, the National Kidney Foundation stopped endorsing water fluoridation in 2007. Also, fluoride accumulation increases with age, making the elderly more susceptible to hypothyroidism and, according to biochemist John Yiamouyannis and Dr. John R. Lee, fluoride disrupts collagen production causing damaged cartilage, ligaments and arteries. In addition, chronic exposure has been associated with increased incidence of bone fractures and Alzheimer's disease. How can the statistical rate of a saved half of one cavity be worth any of these conditions or resulting sad loss of quality of life? Please, those of you who have the authority to make things right, don't let us down. LOUISE SCHINCARIOL, Windsor Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/health/Fluoride+blamed+many+problems/6496268/story.html#ixzz1skz8ao6x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home