.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Daily Mail letter - Do GPs deserve high earnings

THE new GP contract has produced losers as well as winners. Essex might have the highest earning full-time GP in the country, but it also has the lowest earner.
My Primary Care Trust (PCD is more Interested In politics than patients. My last pay cheque was in April 2007, and our PCT's answer to the problem Is that I should retire on paper, so that I can carry on working and use my pension to fund the practice. I'm sure the chief executive of my strategic health authority - who Is paid £60,000 more than Gordon Brown (and has a £2.4 million pension pot) - wouldn't accept this. These people are far too busy lining their own pockets. The sooner we get rid of them and put the money to good use, the better the situation will become for
patients and the people who do the real work of the NHS.
DrJOHN CORMACK, Chelmsford, Essex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home