.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Friday, February 22, 2008

USA - Let the parents decide on fluoride

Let the parents decide on fluoride
The Centers for Disease Control says fluoride's benefits are derived only from topical application, so why are we all being forced to drink, cook and bath in fluoride? If the ADA states that infants should not ingest fluoride, then why should I give it to my children? If there is a warning on the back of toothpaste that states, "If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact Poison Control right away," then why am I allowing my children to drink fluoride dater? If fluoride is so safe, then why has it not been approved by the FDA?
I am not comforted in the fact that adding fluoride to drinking water is safe because other water districts have been doing this for 50 plus years. The fact is that many water districts have moved to reject or remove fluoride in their water because they could not obtain a toxicological report from the water suppliers.
As a parent, I am the only one why should decide what is healthful and beneficial for my children. Not the ADA, not the state of California and not the Metropolitan Water District. Until the legally required safety and longterm toxicological reports are produced for public review, I do not want my children to be exposed to fluoridated water.
Let's see Ron Stark and the rest of the TSD water board ensure the law is being followed on behalf of their customers. If TSD Board is not wiling to ensure that law if followed, it will be a good day when the water board becomes an allelected body and can we elect board members who are responsive to residents' concerns. Mimi Kim Oak Park

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home