.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Americans need to change eating habits

I was appalled by what I couldn't help seeing. I was standing in line at the grocery checkout. In front of me was a mother with a cart full of packages of chocolate chip cookies, frosted cupcakes, nachos, cheese curls and pop for which she wrote a sizable check. There was not one nutritious food in that cart. The hyperactive child was bouncing around in the cart, then leaning precariously over the edge to reach for a candy bar next to the till. I hoped, to no avail, that the mother wouldn't give in to the whining that ensued. I might have assumed there was a special event coming up and that this was a rare treat, but I have my suspicions that this was the family's daily fare.

In another cart, a 2-year-old was chewing up a carton of sugary donuts. (Don't we pay for items before we open them, or am I hopelessly old-fashioned?)

Need to change eating habits here as well

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home