.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

USA - opposite argument - interesting question.

Tuesday, 29 November 2005
Editor:
I want to express my complete disappointment with the citizenry of Tooele who have allowed scare tactics to override your own good sense about fluoride in the water. I am truly amazed that you can follow along and bury your heads in the sand to avoid taking a truly intelligent and educated step forward.

How do you justify ignoring the one true voice of reason above all of us who join in the choir for this healthy water treatment? You have once again condemned your kids and mine to having one less and powerful weapon in the battle against rotten teeth and gums.

If you’ll notice, many of the voices of reason that you have ignored — aside from the dental community — are people who come from other states, me included. I am the second full generation of oral health and it is directly due to the fluoridation of our water in California. My kids have good, strong, beautifully white bright smiles. My daughter has had one cavity and my son has had two. Me? Not a one, None. Dentists out here who have seen my daughter always ask her where she grew up. They tell her they knew she didn’t come from here because her teeth were too healthy, an unusual sight for him working here.

She said his frustration was obvious. He has tried for years to get people to listen to him. If you want to talk about teeth, gums, general health, you go to your dentist. Why ask the questions if you’re going to ignore the answers?

There is more arsenic in water than the amount of fluoride placed in it. My contact in Sacramento told me they’ve had it in the water there for more than 40 years and there’s never ever been a complaint. People know fluoride is a fine way to have strong healthy teeth. As she posed me a question, let me pose it to you. She asks, “Do you really believe that the water department is doing something that would open them up for a lawsuit?”

She’s right. That would be foolish and asking for trouble. Well, congratulations, Tooele. You’ve buried your heads in the sand again and the kids pay the price for your ignorance.

Karen Williamson
Tooele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home