.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Sunday, December 09, 2018

Fluoride Free Windsor Ontario

Five years ago the Windsor Utilities Commission recommended that the city end water fluoridation. Water systems are charged with providing the safest drinking water possible. Council voted a five year moratorium and the time to review the decision has come. There are several new council members that didn’t hear from the public during our initial safe water campaign.

We need community members to write to their council to let them know you prefer your water free of fluoridation chemicals. Residents of Windsor, Lasalle and Tecumseh need to make their wishes known (these three municipalities share a water supply). If you live outside these communities but work or visit there, consider writing in as well.

** Please keep your comments brief and to the point. Include your name and address so they know you are a legitimate person.
Send your message to all of council and the clerk. Attend the meeting on December 17th at city hall and sign up as a delegate if you’re willing/able to.

Ask for your message to be included in correspondence to council.
Samples of what you could email to council:

- I’m glad the city stopped adding fluoridation chemicals to the drinking water.
- I do not consent to fluoridation chemicals being added to my drinking water.
- I have *insert relevant health condition* (hashimotos, thyroid disorder, kidney disease...) and need to avoid ingesting fluoride. Please keep it out of our drinking water.
- My child has dental fluorosis and does not require more fluoride in her diet.
- I get enough fluoride from my toothpaste and don’t want or need it in my drinking water.
- My infant is fed formula mixed with tap water and when fluoride is added to the public water supply, formula fed infants are given the greatest dose putting their brains at risk. Studies show fluoride is a neurotoxin.
- Council is not my doctor or dentist and shouldn’t be prescribing me tooth medicine in my water without knowing anything about my oral or physical health.
- Fluoride, if needed, should be administered and monitored by a dental professional.

Here are the council/clerk emails to contact. Please do so BEFORE noon on Friday December 14th.
Share this with your friends and family so we can get many messages to the decision makers. .......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home