.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Friday, February 26, 2016

Auckland Quietly Tapers Down Fluoride Levels in Tap Water

Auckland City Council_New Zealand_2012_PDnsnbc : Watercare, the water supplier of Auckland Council has quietly gone about reducing the level of fluoride in the tap water of New Zealand’s largest city. The controversial initiative was taken without much of an announcement or fanfare. Instead, the information was merely included in an Information Report prepared by Watercare for Auckland Council after the November Auckland Council Regional Strategy and Policy Committee meeting.
The reduced fluoride target matches the United States’ Government’s Department of Human and Health Services (DHHS) 2015 directive of a maximum target level of 0.7ppm, notes Mary Byrne,  National coordinator and media spokesperson in a press release. Byrne stresses that Watercare recordsshow that Auckland Council has routinely been overdosing, well above even the MoH recommended level, sometimes as high as 1.2ppm...................

1 Comments:

  • I recently spent two months in New Zealand visiting my son in fluoridated Hamilton. Although I was able to avoid the contaminated tap water in my son's home as he uses a filter and bottled mineral water, I refused to drink any beverages whilst eating out and carried a flask and bottle of water everywhere with me, only relaxing my guard when visiting areas that I knew were not fluoridated. Before my flight home, however, I was surprised and disappointed to note that not one of the cafes in Auckland Airport served filtered water in their beverages, and although I had to wait several hours for my flight, I absolutely refused to pay for poison. Fortunately I had gone prepared with a full flask and bottle of water, and will do so on all future trips to New Zealand as long as the disgusting practice of fluoridation continues there.

    Whilst it is encouraging that Auckland Council has at least reduced the level of fluoride to 0.7ppm, it is still 0.7ppm too much, so that the water remains unfit for human consumption.

    By Anonymous Carrie, at 27 February, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home