.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Wednesday, May 28, 2014



DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The debate on fluoride in the Dallas public water system was heard again at city hall Tuesday.
Fluoride is a mineral that naturally occurs in small amounts in Dallas water or even in some foods. What the city does is add enough chemical fluoride to reach .7 parts per million, a level recommended for optimum dental health by federal and professional dental groups.
But many younger Americans aren’t familiar with it. “I never had any problems, I never had a cavity,” Rachael Timm told CBS 11 News. And many in her generation aren’t familiar with fluoride, even though their teeth may have benefitted from it for years.
“From what I’ve read it seems relatively safe. And not have horrible things,” said another younger man, Jame Vahala.
Some older Americans, though, worry it’s one too many chemicals. Especially Baby Boomers who have consumed fluoridated water for decades, such as Rob Mayes.
“Right now, the way I’m living, especially at my age I am concerned about the different chemicals that are that are in our foods, and even in our water.” But he admits he doesn’t know much about fluoride’s supposed risks. “I can’t give you any real scientific reasons why I don’t want it in there, but I don’t.”....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home