.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Saturday, August 18, 2012

What I'm really thinking: the dentist

What I'm really thinking: the dentist
'Sometimes what I do is painful, and I'm not a sadist. I don't like hurting people, seeing their fists clench and toes curl'
Anonymous
guardian.co.uk, Friday 17 August 2012 22.59 BST
As another patient walks in, my heart sinks. I know they've been dreading seeing me, and that's not a nice feeling to engender in someone. It's a rare person who enjoys a trip here. Sometimes what I do is painful, and I'm not a sadist. I don't like hurting people, seeing their fists clench and toes curl.

Patients are on edge the entire time and practically run out of the door, they're so glad to go. I'd like to run out with them. When I was training, I saw myself as a technician, purely taking care of teeth, but the emotional side began to wear me down.

It breaks my heart to see tooth decay in toddlers. I call fizzy drinks "liquid chainsaws" – the acid and sugar are vicious on teeth.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home