.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

UK - Camelford water poisoning: the search for answers

Camelford water poisoning: the search for answers
Carole Cross died 16 years after Camelford's drinking water was contaminated The resumption of the inquest into the death of Carole Cross has once again turned the spotlight on the small Cornish town which became the scene of the country's worst mass water poisoning.
It is more than two decades since 20,000 homes in Camelford were affected when a relief delivery driver accidentally tipped 20 tonnes of aluminium sulphate into the wrong tank at the Lowermoor water treatment works.
The chemical, used to treat cloudy water, went straight into the town's main water supply.
The acidity in the water also released chemicals in pipe networks into people's homes
The water company was inundated with around 900 complaints about dirty, foul-tasting water but no warnings were given to the public on the night of the incident on 6 July, 1988.
Local residents subsequently reported suffering health problems, including stomach cramps, rashes, diarrhoea, mouth ulcers, aching joints and some even said their hair had turned green from copper residues............

Over dosing always happens, criminal neglect or intentional but with fluoride it would be deadly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home