.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Friday, September 17, 2010

Daily Echo - letter - Did fluoride trigger my coeliac condition?

Did fluoride trigger my coeliac condition?
I WAS diagnosed with coeliac disease at the age of 60 soon after a short stay in Birmingham.
Coeliac disease is a condition where the gluten in some grains such as wheat is attacked by the immune system and in the process damages the gut.
I was surprised by this as it is a condition I would have had from birth and would have expected to have been aware of it, especially as I had been a very fit paratrooper, so suspected that something had kick-started a dormant condition.
I also subsequently discovered that there has been an increase in the number of people diagnosed with the condition in recent years.
At a lecture recently I was informed of some of the dangers of
adding fluoride to the drinking water I discovered that the water in Birmingham has been fluoridated for years and now consider that this may have been the trigger to activate the condition.
Just recently the condition appears to have eased and I do from time to time consume bread and biscuits that I should not, in small quantities, and am so far not showing signs of allergy to this food.
Should my drinking water be fluoridated against my will and my symptoms return, I foresee a very expensive legal action against the Strategic Health Authority, the result of which will see me able to afford bottled water, and a decent Scotch, for the rest of my days.
ALAN KEBBELL,
Southampton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home