.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

UK - Daily Echo letters

Reading York review into fluoridation
IT IS understandable that John Beal MBE, vice-chairman of the British Fluoridation Society (Echo May 28) rushed to defend fluoridation, as it is the organisation's raison d'etre.
When the NHS centre at York University was funded to confirm once and for all whether fluoridation was safe and effective it found there was no reliable good-quality evidence in the fluoridation literature worldwide.
The British Medical Association (BMA), the British Dental Association (BDA) and others claimed differently. "The review confirms that water fluoridation is safe and effective," said the BDA.
The BMA exhorted: "There is no evidence of any adverse risk to human health.
"Fluoridation
is the most effective way to reduce dental health inequalities."
The British Fluoridation Society also echoed those views of the other two organisations.
This was a complete fabrication, the British Fluoridation Society has no integrity and ought to be abolished as the Strategic Health Authority will be in 2012. York University was forced to publish this statement. "We are concerned about the continuing misinterpretations of the evidence. Read the review conclusions in full at york.ac.uk/inst/crd/summary.pdf."
Since the report was published in October 2000 there has been no other scientifically defensible review that would alter the findings of the York review.
BILL EDMUNDS, Cadnam.

Sick of fluoride plan
I AM sick, sore and fed up with experts telling us how good fluoridated water is. Mr John Beal MBE, vice-president of the Fluoride Society (Letters, May 28) goes off on one giving us all the scientific data, which, quite frankly, is beginning to bore me. It seems these people are just not getting it. I couldn't care less whether it prolonged life, got rid of spots and made me look ten years younger, I still wouldn't want it in my drinking water.
If I go to my doctor and he prescribes me pills, I have a choice; I can swallow them or put them in the bin. What fluoride would do is force a medication onto people without the choice. I am 56 years old and still have all my own teeth. My children, born in the 70s do not have a filling between them and they did not have fluoride in their water. Mr Beale and his colleagues want fluoride otherwise it would interfere with their livelihoods. Mr Seal's letter made no mention that the proposed fluoride would come from industrial waste and that the EU has banned products containing it, so much for the safety aspect then!
S E IRELAND, Southampton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home