.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Friday, March 19, 2010

USA - LETTER: Holmen needs new government approach

LETTER: Holmen needs new government approach
By TONY HORVATH | Holmen
A lot has changed in a year. America is up in arms about rampant government intrusion into businesses and livid that this intrusion is about to extend into the health care of private citizens. More than ever, people believe that they should decide for themselves what kind of health care they need. The government should not intrude.

Now you know how I feel about putting fluoride into Holmen’s water supply. This is exactly the same kind of intrusion, but instead of being perpetrated by unaccountable politicians in D.C., it is being done right here in our own community.
I am running for Holmen trustee and I believe that it is never too late to right a wrong. That is why I am also circulating another referendum forcing the village to take another look at the fluoridation issue. You can read the referendum and contact me if you want to sign it by going to my Web site: http://electhorvath.com/

I will be at the Blue Cup Coffee House in Holmen on March 27 from 10 a.m. to noon to discuss this and other issues Holmen residents may be concerned about. You can also sign the referendum at that time.

Holmen is a growing town and growth always creates new difficulties. It is my belief that individual citizens and businesses are better able to resolve those difficulties than the government. The village board should create a level playing field and then get out of the way.

As trustee, I won’t micromanage but stick to the big issues. Taxes should be kept low and returned to the people if unspent. In short, I will be the kind of public official that most of us wish were in Washington, D.C.

I ask for your vote on April 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home