.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Saturday, September 05, 2009

UK - Southampton MP's Fluoridation position

Fluoridation position
MY position on fluoridation has been consistent: Although I agree with it in principle, I do not believe there's enough evidence of widespread public support to go ahead with a programme of fluoridation here in Southampton.
In light of this, I have been in contact with the Strategic Health Authority (SHA) advising them that I think it would be better if they were to suspend the implementation of their decision for the time being and will be meeting with them soon to discuss the matter further.
As a constituency MP it is difficult to see what more I can do. Obviously I cannot, as a minister, simply fix the issue because it would be convenient.
It is the SHA's decision which is why I am directing my efforts at them.
JOHN DENHAM MP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home