.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"these water-filters are safe because they don't filter out fluoride''

Blank Stare
Sir, This year, when I entered a supermarket, my attention was grabbed by the words, "these water-filters are safe because they don't filter out fluoride''. I asked which fluoride, only to be met by a blank stare. The demonstrator wrote down the names of the two sorts to ask her boss.
I have no objection to the use of the naturally occurring product, calcium fluoride, if it were made into tablets, but the use of the carcinogenic sodium fluoride, byproduct of the American aluminium smelters, is to be condemned. Many countries in the world will not allow it. Forcing people to ingest it through the water system is mass medication and from my husband's view was morally wrong. Choices can be made with chlorinated water and iodised salt. My cats choose not to drink chlorinated water. I certainly could not drink it in hospital recently (the taste!). Many know the dangers of the chemical added to iodised salt to aid its flow. Sensible folk use natural sea salt and kelp.
Mrs Moncrieff was correct about Coca-Cola. In science classes, experiments with a tooth in some and being eaten away were common during the 1960s even at Waimea College. The recipe has changed.
DOROTHY-ROSE PALLESEN

I don't quite get the meaning of this story but agree with the sentiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home