.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Australia - MP Lisa Neville: 'I'm scared'

MP Lisa Neville: 'I'm scared'
Alex Oates
June 27th, 2009
MP Lisa Neville remains shaken almost a week after anti-fluoride extremists left a death threat on her doorstep.
Ms Neville yesterday revealed she had experienced sleepless nights and felt insecure since she returned home last Saturday night to discover a blue plastic Barwon Water bottle containing a hand-written message.
Inside the bottle the message read "Thanks for the poison bitch, ready to kill you slowly".
Ms Neville met with police yesterday to assess tighter security measures at her Geelong West home, while officers are continuing to monitor her street.
"(I'm) still a little bit shaken about it," Ms Neville said.
"My son and I have lived there since he was born, we've really felt safe there and this (threat) has changed that a little bit.
"I'm much more conscious about it, I look around. I'm certainly feeling better at the end of this week ... I didn't sleep earlier in the week."
Ms Neville said she was concerned about the safety of her 12-year-old son, who was also left shaken by the threat.
"My son was quiet upset about it, and I need to take some measures so he can feel safe in his home," she said.
"Whether it's credible or not, apart from being very disappointing, this is not an appropriate way to approach this issue in our community."
Ms Neville said the behaviour of anti-fluoride campaigners was unacceptable.
"It's not the type of democracy that any of us want to live in and I came forward because I felt like it was one way that the community could stand up and 'say we don't want this', but also to put the pressure back on the person who's done this to say that this is inappropriate.
"Let's participate in a robust democracy but lets' not make people feel unsafe in their own homes."
Detective Senior Sergeant Rod Lloyd of Geelong CIU yesterday said detectives had received a number of leads but none had led to any charges being laid.
Sen Sgt Lloyd said the bottle that was left on the doorstep was still in the hands of forensic scientists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home