.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Friday, October 31, 2008

Allergic effects from fluoridated water

effects from fluoridated water
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
by Sharon McMichael, Gothenburg

October 31, 2008

I have personally experienced ill effects from fluoridated water. For years I had wondered why each time I visited Lincoln, Kearney, Ogallala and other places with fluoride added to the water system I became very ill with severe migraine headaches, but I did not connect it to the fluoride.

I knew the fluoride was to be added to our water in 1996, but did not know the exact date. I became violently ill with migraines and didn’t know why. After several days, a friend suggested maybe it was the fluoride. My husband purchased bottled water for me and within hours the migraines subsided and disappeared

From then on until the fluoride was removed we were hauling water from another town. I now know I cannot even consume food made with fluoridated water.

A 1993 report states that “Allergic-type reactions have been reported by top physicians, including Nobel Prize winner Dr. William Murphy.

I was born and raised in Gothenburg and after a few years away have been a resident since 1971. We have recently moved to a new residence where we hoped to spend our remaining years, but we may now have to pack up and move to a small town that isn’t contaminating its water. This would mean leaving our family, including grandchildren, our physician and friends. I will not be able to dine in local restaurants or even drink a cup of coffee in a friend’s home. It will also create a financial hardship on us, as we are retired and on social security.

The first time the fluoride issue was on the ballot years ago, my mother was still living and had a number of medical problems. I talked to her physician, Dr. M.J. Ayres, and asked his opinion. He stated that “it would not be good for diabetics, persons with high blood pressure or heart conditions, and the elderly.” I believe he was way ahead of his time.

A report I saw on television approximately a year ago stated that added fluoridation has now been shown to cause cancer. Isn’t there enough of that already?

If our senators are so concerned about the children of our state, perhaps their time would be better spent making new laws about child abusers and sexual offenders. Each time a new picture of a sexual offender is printed in the paper, it states, “likely to re-offend,” so why are they out free to walk the streets? It seems they have more rights than the children or an upstanding citizen.

I would also like to know why a group of senators has the right to tell me what I must consume. Even a physician cannot do that. Each person has the right to refuse any treatment recommended by a physician, but not what is recommended by a senator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home